We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Toys!

Well no actually, very serious and important bits of equipment thankyou!

Whatever (as the young people are wont to say I believe) ...

That nice chap from UK Mail called again this afternoon (he's getting used to visiting us!) and delivered a box of goodies from Seamark Nunn in which was the bits from the backorder

As well as some odds and sods of boat bits I wanted (a soft shackle for the genoe sheets which I think I might have slightly over-specified, some fender socks so I don't have to keep re-touching the paintwork and so on) the main items are the electronics for the grab bag

So we now have an Odeo Mk.3 Laser Flare and I shall be disposing of the out of date pyrotechnic flares on our next visit to the boat

Oh and that article I promised about flares is still in the pipeline!

As well as the flare, the McMurdo PLB is also now in my hot and sweaty hands (ugh!).

And that means an admin task - it needs to be registered with the MCA (Maritime & Coastguard Agency) so they'll know who has pressed the panic button if we ever have to use it in anger

No great hassle, soon done

The PLB will definitely be going in the grab bag by default but may at times be transferred onto my belt if I feel that would be more appropriate at the time - in due course I plan to add more locator beacons but I hear rumours of the imminent arrival on the market of a dual function PLB / AIS beacon which would be ideal so I'm not rushing to spend money I haven't got anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment