We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Monday 16 June 2014

Summer Weekend Day 4

We both slept very well and it was definitely a two mug start to the day - that's two mugs of coffee to get me moving, not two mugs as in me and Jane!
Jane set about packing the bags and tidying up whilst I headed up to the marina to check whether we needed to remove the genoa as we're coming out of the water for the weekend

Caught up with Toby and the lads in the yacht station yard as it happens and the answer was "yes , please" which is what I expected

On the other hand, as they're going to fetch her out tomorrow Toby said not to bother putting her back on her buoy.

So it was back to the boat with a trolley, fetch off our bags and then all hands to removing and stowing the genoa.

All that remained to be done was to choose what needed to be closed, open what needed to be left open and to lock up.

Then I paddled the RIB up to the hammerhead. After dropping the outboard onto the pontoon I decided to leave the RIB in the water with the other larger dinghys for now. We were getting pushed for time so I'll remove the old tender from its temporary home next weekend

The journey home ended up being via St. Ives of all places after we baled off the A14 south of Cambridge due to nearly stationary traffic. We were still home in under two and a half hours though

Next weekend is next weekend and we'll be scraping and painting the bottom maroon. Well I think it'll be maroon, that's what I'm expecting to get when I mix half a tin of blue antifouling with half a tin of red!

Oh and it looks like we'll be lifted out round at the marina cos the yacht station tractor is poorly. Not that it's a problem



A tender behind from yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment