We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Sunday 6 July 2014

Grumpy Blokes Weekend Day 2

I was awake at the unearthly hour of half four and lay for a while contemplating giving up and getting up

Somehow, I dozed off again and slept on while Tony awoke and lay awake in turn.

Some time later I was sort've half awake when the phone rang and got me properly alert. I was thinking why is my friend ringing this early when I realised it was gone eleven!

No matter, it had been raining on and off all morning but now it was brightening up so we sorted ourselves out and got underway on the last of the ebb tide

With just the genoa set and reefed, we blew downriver at five or six knots as easy as your like and soon enough we were alongside in Burnham Yacht Harbour.

Not long after, having knocked up and scoffed some lunch, I was scratching my head over the wiring of a bilge pump switch panel on our friends boat Laurin and finally concluding that a blocking diode was the wrong way round and wired to the wrong terminal as well.

Having sort of sorted that out, we had a quick wash and brush up before joining Karen, Patrick, A.J. and Esme aboard Laurin for dinner, beer, scotch and chat

A very enjoyable night ended with a nightcap decaf coffee back on Erbas before bed

No comments:

Post a Comment