We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Mud and ropes

No, it's not some new kinky fetish!

Had a day to spare today waiting for parts to arrive on the current job in Limehouse so it was back on with the waders this morning to tidy up a bit where we dug the berth out the other week

I particularly wanted to shift the paving slabs stacked under the finger pontoon on the uphill side to avoid the possibility of them sliding back into the hole and having to be dug out again!

That done, and after a wash down, I headed off to Tescos in Maldon in search of supplies. I went to Tescos as I could really do with a couple of pairs of trousers for work but, of course, they didn't have my size in stock. Hey ho. Whilst there I stocked up on tinned meals for one and partially replenished the No. Beer Hold.

A visit to the chandlers failed to procure a set of mooring lines of which more anon ...

Back aboard, I'd intended to do a bit more teak oiling this afternoon but the rain stopped play. I needed the hatch open for ventilation in order to put another coat of oil on the forecabin woodwork, which it could do with, and that wasn't happening after the sun did a disappearing act and the rain came hammering down

I generally pottered about below decks doing odds and sods and suddenly found it was tea time!

After dining upon a fine feast out of a tin (Mixed Grill Baked Beans if you must now, went down a treat) I set about deciding what to do about our increasingly decrepit mooring warps.

We lost one of the set of four within weeks of buying Erbas when she went walkabout and the warp went a.w.o.l. during the recovery of her off the mud. A second line has now lost its cover and a third is badly chaffed. Time for new lines but what to buy? In the end, I settled on a pre-spliced set of four 12mm 3 strand polyester lines from Jimmy Green Marine and a couple of extra rubber snubbers.

Funny old day really!

No comments:

Post a Comment