We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Thursday 14 April 2016

The Final Voyage

A final round of removing the odds and ends I'd missed over the last couple of days and one last wipe over the inside saw "Erbas" ready for her last trip under my command (if everything goes to plan!).

I set off down river on the last of the ebb and made good time to Burnham Yacht Harbour where I moored up on the allocated berth.

Then it was up to the brokers office to do the paperwork and that was that.

"Erbas" is now up for sale with Clarke & Carter and priced to sell at £10,950 but we're open to sensible offers.

Then it was up to the train station for the short trip back to Fambridge and the long walk to the Yacht Station. The walk was shortened by a lift down Ferry Road from Wiggy who was on his way to do a job in the yard.

I'll no doubt see "Erbas" again as I intend to pop down to Burnham around once a week to keep her aired and clean. That's assuming she doesn't sell quickly given that the broker was on the phone to a potential buyer to say she had arrived as I left the office!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Erbas" has given us enormous fun and pleasure in the short time we've owned her and she's looked after us when things have got sticky. She'll hopefully find a new home with people who'll appreciate what a fine boat she is

I'm not particularly emotional about the parting. It's not as if we're giving up sailing and we have a new pride and joy to get stuck into. But I will always look back on our time with "Erbas" fondly

Goodbye old girl, here's hoping you have many more miles to go with a new crew ....

1 comment:

  1. Bless her! Great boat. Please take care of the bear.

    ReplyDelete