We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Sunday 29 March 2015

Sun, sea and sand?

Nope, more like rain, river and sanding

Today being my day of rest, following a very busy week, I was in no rush to be up and doing this morning. Added to which it was blowing old boots and chucking it down with rain

So after a leisurely breakfast, well damn near lunch to be honest so let's call it brunch, I took advantage of a gap in the rain to dash up to the car and grab the sander and sandpaper

Then, after sealing up the cabin tight as I could, it was time to get busy sanding down the locker lids I'd fettled and repaired last Tuesday.

A couple of hours and a lot of dust later and the rough sanding was done. Then I switched to hand sanding with the fine paper to finish the job...



After brushing and wiping down the lids to remove any dust, I had a major dusting session to clean up the cockpit. It would have been better to have taken the lids ashore and sanded them in the customer workshop but the weather ruled that impractical

With that chore complete, well sufficiently for now, I laid out a plastic sheet to protect the painted surfaces and set to with the International Woodskin

The first coat went on very nicely indeed
..



Now they need to dry for at least twenty four hours and it's recommended that three coats are applied to bare wood

That could pose a bit of a challenge as I've only got another couple of days on board before I've really got to be home and the lids really need to be back in place before I leave.

It might be a case of two coats now and a third or even another couple a bit later on

That done, I washed the dust off myself in the marina showers before settling down for the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment