We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Monday 26 May 2014

2014 Spring Cruise - Day 16

I slept unusually well getting in over 8 hours uninterupted and very welcome zzzs so it was already well into the morning before I stirred and got the kettle on.

Rik offloaded his gear then I offloaded mine and in between we put back aboard the stuff we'd offloaded that wasn't needed for the trip. An enormously complex logistical excercise brilliantly executed. Hmm!

I forgot to mention putting another 18 litres of diesel into the main tank yesterday which makes about 30 litres and she's by no means full. As the guage had stuck on full before we departed I don't know exacty what we've used in the past fortnight, I'll have to work it out later

I drove around to the marina to put the dinghy outboard away and caught up with Toby who already knew, before I got a chance to say a word, what I was going to ask about! The solution to another boat being on our buoy was, as I suspected, to leave Erbas on the pontoon and the lads would sort it all out later.

Rik headed for the hills as he'd got a long drive ahead of him and I finished off shifting stuff to my car. Then it was sweep and clean the boat inside from stem to stern, fill the water tanks and at last it was time for my final leaving checklist

A forum friend popped aboard for a quick visit as I was finishing off, unfortunately just too late for the kettle to go on as I'd put the stove to bed (or in other words put the sealing pads over the spirit burners to prevent evaporation) and ditched the remains of the milk.

After a chat in the sun we had a last look around below decks and, apart from giving the pig of a tender a sly kick on the way past, it was all over for this trip

I'll do the summary things over the next few days when I've a mind to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment