We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Autumn Cruise 2014 Day 1


It was the increasingly usual tale of finishing work at six this morning and hitting the road for Essex right away

We had a good run down today and we were soon aboard and tucked up in the forecabin for some much needed sleep

We awoke some hours later a little overheated! You wouldn't believe it is technically autumn. Sunny and very warm albeit rather breezy

A gap had appeared on the pontoon so I got lines and fenders sorted and sidled across quickly with a brief burst of motor.
I fetched the first of two trolley loads of kit from the car calling on at IBS (Inflatable Boat Supplies) on the way. IBS supply the trade and chandlers with accessories and materials for, obviously, inflatables and I needed a cheap foot pump with an adapter for the Avon RIB

I distinctly remember Ian giving me the pump for the thing when we bought it and I remember it being in the cockpit at the time. What the hell I did with it thereafter is a mystery but it's nowhere to be found.

I needed cash to do the deed so wheeled the trolley back to the boat whence came by Roger and Sheila on Sabre (a Moody 31 called Sabre, but not a Sabre like Erbas, confused? You will be)

They dropped on the outside of us for a beer and a chat before heading on upriver to spend the night in the marina.

Then I fetched the second load of kit and purchased the aforementioned pump which allowed me to top up the tubes on the RIB.

There was a worrying whiff of petrol which had noses lifting and sniffing. Unfortunately it turned out to be our petrol can which had sprung a leak. I donated the freshly filled contents to a jerry can on Ironsides (no point in our going to waste) and binned the can

The outboard is fortunately full and we can always row (yeah right!). If we get the chance to grab a replacement can whilst we're out we will, otherwise I've got several more at home

A bit of a sort out and my how time flies as it was beer-o-clock. Food and a couple of beers ensued. We didn't stay late as we were both very tired.

Pausing only to haul the storm jib bag out from its hole insert the v-berth and stick it on deck over the port forecabin window (into which the pontoon lighting was shining) we dived under the duvet and were away with the fairies in no time at all

No comments:

Post a Comment