We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Friday 1 May 2015

A little bit of insurance ...

That could have been a nuisance! I had a query on our insurance coverage as it wasn't clear whether it covers a direct crossing of the Southern North Sea so I rang the nice people at GJW.

The answer to my question was "yes, you're covered for any direct passage that starts and ends within the cruising area" so a passage from anywhere South of the Elbe to anywhere on the East Coast is no problem

However, the nice lady at GJW noticed that we're not insured for the inland waterways of Europe. We're not planning on going Inland however if the weather was bad it is in my back pocket as a means of making progress down the coast to shorten the route back over to the UK

So by lightening my wallet to the tune of £17.50 we're now covered for the inland waterways of Belgium and the Netherlands (I didn't bother with France as that would mean dropping the mast for certain and I can't see it arising. If it did, a quick phone call would sort it)

PS. Before anyone asks, the VHF is already programmed for ATIS!

2 comments:

  1. I have my ATIS installed also. Don't forget to turn off the ATIS when back in UK waters as it is illegal to use over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I've got to work out how to turn it ON first! (I'm assuming it isn't already). ICOM menus are a dark art as far as I'm concerned but I can't justify binning the VHF and buying a Standard Horizon unit although I much prefer them!

      Delete