We're now Pagans!


Erbas has now been sold and we've moved onwards and upwards to a Westerly 33 ketch we've renamed "Pagan"

Come and visit our new blog at svpagan.blogspot.co.uk

Saturday 9 May 2015

Victualling Weekend Day 1

After a surprisingly swift run down to Essex for a Friday morning, we got our heads down for a few hours sleep.

Or at least Jane did, I couldn't get beyond a bit of a doze and when the phone rang about some upcoming work I gave up and put the kettle on

First order of business after coffee was to install the new batteries



It's not terribly exciting really as they are identical to the old ones! However, this pair takes and holds a charge nicely

After further coffee, I set about removing the sprayhood and laying out out flat on the pontoon. It's gone a bit green over the winter but a good scrub with detergent sorted that out. I'll give it a dose of biocide spray tomorrow to finish the job off



With the hood off, I could get at the areas that are hard to clean with it in place. A good scrubbing cleaned things up nicely but one thing led to another and I ended up somewhat damp a couple of hours later wuth a very clean deck from stem to stern!

Jane had arisen by now and expressed herself in need of sustenance so we popped up the road for some bread and cheese plus the makings of breakfast for the morning.

By the time we got back, rain was setting in so I quickly got the cockpit tent up whilst Jane made us a round of cheese sarnies.

My next job was to polish the steering compass which had gone a bit opaque over the winter



It came up a treat with the special plastic polish but as commented by our friend Jim toothpaste would have done the job!

Another friend, Colin, pointed me at the page on the Force 4 site for the cover. I hadn't realised you could still get the covers so we'll have one of them

The final task of the afternoon was to pour the contents of the two diesel cans into the tank. It's still not quite full so I'll need to make two visits to the garage tomorrow as I want it brimmed before we head out on a fortnight

Then it was time to chill out for an hour or two before heading to the pub for grub and a couple of drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment